This page tells you the conditions of use on which you may make use of our website http://www.gov.bn/ (referred to in these Conditions of use as the Website), whether as a guest or a registered user. Please read these Conditions of use carefully before you start to use the Website. By using the Website, you indicate that you accept these Conditions of use and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Conditions of use, please refrain from using the Website.
By continuing to use the Website you further agree to not use this Website, content and services contained in there for purposes that may contravene the rights or restrict the use and benefit of the Website, content and services using a third party, and include:
All content included on the Website, unless uploaded by users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of the Government of Brunei Darussalam, or any other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by the laws of Brunei Darussalam and any other applicable international intellectual property legislation.
You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the Government.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of the Government. The Government assumes no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Links to this Web Site
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site http://www.gov.bn/ and shall not do so without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of the Government. To find out more please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
E-Government National Centre
- The Government makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our service.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
Availability of the Web Site
The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. The Government gives no warranty that the service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law the Government provides no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
The Government accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, The Government accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and it’s content are at the Users own risk.
- Nothing in these Conditions excludes or restricts Government’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of the Government.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1999 (CAP 171). However, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
In the event that any party to these Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and the Government shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Brunei Darussalam and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Brunei Darussalam.